Earlier Than Ever: Compelling Itineraries Announced; Worldwide Cruise Atlas Available and 2016/2017 Open for Booking
LOS ANGELES, January 5, 2015 – Ever-innovative luxury leader Crystal Cruises announced today its 2017 complete roster of global itineraries, with fares available for booking earlier than ever, a full two years in advance. The 2017 cruises and fares were unveiled online at www.crystalcruises.com and in Crystal’s first complete two-year Worldwide Cruise Atlas, the most comprehensive cruise planning brochure the line offers, at 236 artfully illustrated pages detailing the diverse and enriching experiences set for the coming two years.
Following a 2016 season that boasts a history-making transit of the fabled Northwest Passage, plus a 102-day World Cruise circling the Pacific Rim and more maiden calls than ever before, 2017 promises for an exhilarating year of firsts, anticipated returns, remote locales and other highlights on all seven continents, including:
- 57 voyages to 268 ports in 84 countries, with more than 150 overnights – the most ever offered in a single year
- 32 Maiden calls to intriguing places like Maroantsetra, Madagascar; Iquique, Chile; and Djúpivogur, Iceland; along with lesser known gems such as Calvi, Corsica; Sète, France; and Santa Margherita, Italy.
- Crystal’s first-ever voyages to New Guinea, and maiden calls in Vanuatu and New Caledonia, all featured on a January segment of the 99-day Grand Pacific Explorer Grand Cruise
- A return to the Middle East and Holy Land, with Crystal Symphony among the very first luxury ships to visit Doha, Qatar, on a November itinerary that includes a call in Abu Dhabi, allowing for visits to the stunning Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the largest in the UAE, as well as the new Louvre museum, set to open in 2015, and the Frank Gehry-designed Guggenheim, scheduled for completion in 2017
- A 94-day Southern Celebración World Cruise aboard Crystal Serenity, circumnavigating South America and offering exotic adventure in the Galapagos, Antarctica, the Amazon, Machu Picchu, Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego and more
- A new 2-night inclusive overland program in Paris on two summer sailings in August
- European options that offer more Mediterranean cruises and variety than ever before; new itineraries beginning or ending in Portsmouth, England and Valletta, Malta; and multiples overnights on virtually every voyage
- Singular voyages include journeys to the North Cape, British Isles, Canary Islands and Holy Land
- Caribbean journeys that begin or end in Charleston, South Carolina
- Crystal’s first-ever South Africa Holiday Cruise round-trip from Cape Town, highlighted by exceptional opportunities for safari adventures.
- Itineraries designed around global events, like visiting Stockholm during Sweden’s festive Midsummer celebration, Muscat on the Sultan’s birthday (Oman’s Independence Day) and Edinburgh for the Military Tattoo
“We continue to offer intrepid luxury travelers new ways to explore and experience the world, whether with a new destination or simply a new perspective on a favorite one,” says Edie Rodriguez, Crystal’s president and COO.
All the details showcasing the diverse itineraries in 2016 and 2017 can be found in Crystal’s largest printed cruise Atlas to date. The beautifully designed and colorful brochure features cruise planning tools, information about Crystal’s popular theme cruises along with the line’s exclusive “Boutique Adventures” and other shore excursions highlights, and more.
“We are thrilled to be the first of the luxury cruise lines to unveil a comprehensive 2016/17 two-year planning Atlas along with the corresponding information on our website, and launching full reservations for 2017,” said Nitsa Lewis, vice president of marketing. “And as a leader in developing and delivering innovative luxury travel experiences, we’re providing the most extensive resource that meets the needs of our Crystal Society members as well as first-time Crystal guests.”
Through March 2, 2015, compelling, all-inclusive “Book Now” cruise fares for 2016 and 2017 start at $2,200 per person. The 2016/2017 Worldwide Cruise Atlas can be viewed and ordered at www.crystalcruises.com, or requested from any Crystal travel agent.
Crystal Cruises is the world’s leading luxury cruise provider, having earned more “World’s Best” awards than any other cruise line, hotel, or resort in history.